Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Thursday, July 5, 2007

My Sprinkler's Got Talent

I hope you all had a fun 4th. We had a very nice day which was made even more exciting by illegal fireworks from Kansas. Good times.

One of the sprinklers in the front of my house is busted. It shoots water straight up in the air and is going to cause a rather frightful water bill. I just got the part and was going to put it on today. However, the douchebag who turned my sprinklers on and repaired them apparently has no idea how to work a timer. They aren't supposed to go off on Thursday. Guess what? They did.

This is particularly bothersome to me, not for the water being wasted (which does irk me greatly) or for the fact that every neighbor we have has come by to tell us about it. No, the thing that bugs the living crap out of me every time they go off is that, without fail, the water stream hits my newspaper. While I hate having a soggy paper, that too is not what bothers me. What really gets to me is that it wakes me up. Ever. Damn. Time. And they go for 20 mins. At 5:30 am. And I'm really starting to get pissed about it.

Have a happy 5th everyone! Hope you got more sleep than me!

8 Comments:

  • At July 5, 2007 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Chick said...

    Anyone or any thing that wakes me up at 5:30AM is gonna PAY.

     
  • At July 5, 2007 at 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    uhm i totally agree with chick. i hate nothing more than being woken up early.

    i got absolutely zero sleep during my time off work due to the fact that a friend just turned 21.
    ok, i lie- i got 2 hours. -_-

     
  • At July 5, 2007 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Oh great One said...

    5:30 am what does that look like?

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 5:05 AM , Blogger Tracie said...

    I have to say you are just awesome for having a sprinkler at all. Sorry it wakes you though-that SUCKS! I really need to take a class and have more of a green thumb. I vow each year I will do it and then it never happens...maybe next year LOL!

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 8:01 AM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

    Old Faithful on your front lawn?
    Cool!
    The 5:30 am thing wouldn't bother me as I'm usually up by then anyway.

    I know, disgusting.

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Canadian flake said...

    lmao sorry to laugh but we have the same thing here. We have a sprinkler system that was installed by our landlord. The damn thing goes off at 5:15am and he didn't bother to tell us about it. The first week we lived here I heard it and thought we had a snake lose in our basement..roflmao. I wanted to strangle the jerk ..roflmao.

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Just Dave said...

    Hi, Laurie. I'm just east of you in Parker. I'm afraid sprinkler systems are a fact of life out here in the alpine desert. If you want a good sprinkler service, call Superior Landscape (no, I have no financial interest in the company). They have always done a great job for me and at a reasonable price.

    I'm with you on the soggy paper. Fortunately, I have to get up at 5:00am to go to work so I usually rescue it before the flood.

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think the people who set up lawn watering systems are that thing that people call "morning people". The nastiest form of humanity. I say you hunt him/her down and demand that the sprinklers be converted to regular human hours.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home