Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Monday, June 11, 2007

What to watch?

This is the time of year I both love and hate. Love it because all the shows are over (though I'm not sure I'm loving the Sopranos from last night) and I have what pitiful bit of life I lead back. Hate it because there's nothing to watch.

Thank god for Rob and Big and Reunited: The Real World Las Vegas!

This week will be a bit crazy. Swim lessons, PTA board meeting, Field trip to the zoo, field trip to the park (this one pisses me off. The field trip is from 9:30 to 3:30. I was told I could bring my son and was asked to drive. I said I'd drive and chaparone. The teacher now emails me and tells me no siblings. WTF am I supposed to do with my son from 9:30 to 3:30?)

We were thinking about going to Missouri on our two week break to visit some people but that looks like it's falling apart. I'm trying to convince everyone to go to the Black Hills of South Dakota now. I'm the only enthusiastic participant in that one though so who knows? Maybe I'll just go alone.

Hope you all have a rockin week.

12 Comments:

  • At June 11, 2007 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just bring your son anyways. Be all, "what bitch? what? don't you have any kids? i can't just leave him alone. good god woman! have some heart!"

    i hope you have a rockin week as well.

    (btw, you can always watch traveller on ABC on wed!)

     
  • At June 11, 2007 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    We're lost too now that Idol and Dancing With The Stars went off. A friend recommended a pirate show that's a bit like Survivor on Thursday nights. We watched last week and it was ok..

    I say bring the son, too.

    South Dakota is beautiful! We were there last year! A little over a week ago we were in North Dakota! lol

     
  • At June 11, 2007 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Trisha said...

    Good thing for DVR..we have been so behind all year on tv that we still have a couple months left to watch in the queue!

     
  • At June 12, 2007 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Canadian flake said...

    I would be telling that teacher exactly what part of my anatomy he/she could kiss if they would like. Your car...your time...then you should be able to bring along the youngin...sucks to be them I would say...lmao

     
  • At June 12, 2007 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Black Hills of South Dakota??

    South Dakota is still around?? What do you do there? Hike?

    No wonder you're the only one that wants to go.

    Drop your boy off by here, he can hang with me and I'll teach'em stuff.

    He'll learn how to play golf, hold his liquor, and hit on them fine women at the Waffle House when you get'em back.

     
  • At June 12, 2007 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Oh great One said...

    They do that at my daughters school too! "We need helpers but no siblings allowed." I WANT to help but have no one to watch my son! ARG!

     
  • At June 12, 2007 at 9:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You should ask the teacher if she found the key to your son's cage in the classroom somewhere. Tell her you need to kennel him if you cannot bring him along on the fieldtrip.........or you'll need to drop the fieldtrip.

    Stupid school people.

     
  • At June 12, 2007 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Burfica said...

    I'm with Flake. I would say, well he goes, or you find another ride and chaperone. We watch sci fi channel in the summer and 4400 and dead zone. Stuff like that. But we do get caught up with alot of movie watching.

     
  • At June 12, 2007 at 11:42 AM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

    Take your son.
    The teacher can suck it.

    Now, i'll go to South Dakota with you, i've never been and have always wanted to.

     
  • At June 12, 2007 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Tim said...

    Do you watch Big Brother when it's on in the summer? That's the only thing we watch.

     
  • At June 13, 2007 at 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Although I am not a Sopranos fan, I too have nothing to watch. Curb Your Enthusiasm comes back this fall which is exciting!

    Ooh, a vacation sounds nice. I don't get vacation time at my new job until September. Sigh......

     
  • At June 15, 2007 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Mz Jackson said...

    I've had that no siblings thing happen to me before too, and it made me mad. They always tell you AFTER you volunteered, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home