Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Outtie

We are headed down to Albuquerque for the weekend to pick up my niece and nephew. I'd like to say that that's the sole reason we're going but really? My husband wants to gamble and I want to go to Trader Joe's. It's all about the priorities people.

I am very excited to have the kids though. My kids are thrilled that their cousins will be the first people we know outside of California that will have seen where we live. My nephew will love the fact that the street is full of boys his age. My son is just beyond excited that he'll get to play with his cousin "R" for over a week.

Now for that boring ass drive down there.

Wish us luck!

Have a great weekend everyone!

11 Comments:

  • At July 9, 2007 at 7:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm praying for you dear... ;)

    Hope y'all had a safe trip!!

     
  • At July 9, 2007 at 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i hope you had a nice weekend! i have family in new mexico myself. i haven't seen them in ages, though. (ages being like 8 years, haha)

     
  • At July 9, 2007 at 8:50 AM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

    Hope y'all had a safe and fun trip!

    Now, can I just say how jealous I am?
    Seriously, I want to go to NM soooo bad!
    Although at this point, i'll take a vacation to ANYWHERE!

     
  • At July 9, 2007 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Burfica said...

    NM isn't as soul sucking as Utah. Every time I cross the border, it feels as if my soul is sucked right out. But NM is a close second. hehehehehe

     
  • At July 9, 2007 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Oh great One said...

    We lived in Santa Fe for a year and a half before we moved to our new home. I never claimed it as home. I always said my home was Colorado but Santa fe was just a "lay over".

    What a boring drive! Have fun at Trader Joes.

     
  • At July 9, 2007 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Canadian flake said...

    wow hope y'all survived the drive. Nothing like a longg boring drive in the summer with the kiddies to help ya bond eh?? LOL (or is that just y'all sticking together in the heat?? LOL)

     
  • At July 10, 2007 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Luck! And don't forget to take the tranquillizers to keep order on the trip. (doesn't matter who takes them except the driver)

     
  • At July 11, 2007 at 12:27 AM , Blogger Alekx said...

    Driving from Dallas to Arizona via Albuquerque makes my eyes bleed,
    Texas is boring to drive through but not as boring as NM.
    ughhhh

     
  • At July 11, 2007 at 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    barfica, i used to live in slc so i know what you mean. i only lasted there for about 5 months and i had to get out haha.

     
  • At July 11, 2007 at 12:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well???

    Ya'll back?

     
  • At July 11, 2007 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

    Hope you're having a great time with the kids! How was Trader Joe's?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home