Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Cherish the silence

Today is the first day in I don't even know how long that I will be all alone. Even though this monumental occasion will only last approx 2 hours, I am already cherishing the thought. See, my husband was home for the last 9 months. I know he started work last week but my daughters were off of school so I had two extra kids home and bored. My son was the only one gone during this time (though this was nice for everyone). So today, finally, they will all be gone at the same time.

In my heyday I may have partied. I may have painted the town red. Oh no, not today. Today I have special plans. Special plans indeed. See today, I have to go to Costco. I know. You are in awe too. It's ok to be jealous. Hell I would be if I were you too.

Yesterday was a nice "last-day-before-having-to-get-back-to-the-grind-of-school" day. We went to the pool in the am but were a bit bummed to find that the lazy river and log crossing pools were closed for maintenance. Only the "waterscape" area was open. So the kids played in there for a bit (the older ones usually can't be bothered to hang out there. That's where the "babies" are). Then some kid took a dump in it. So we had to leave. Nice.

Dropped my son off at pre-k and took the girls to lunch and furniture shopping. Got oldest dd a new bed and nightstand. Couldn't find a dresser in the whole damn million sq ft building* to please. Went home, then got ready to go out to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. DD got many presents and phone calls and was a very happy camper. Now hopefully some of her friends will be able to come to her bday party next Sat. Or not. I'm cool with not.

Off to get the darlins ready for school. Have a great day.

*only a slight exaggeration

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home