Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Monday, July 16, 2007

Sleeping in

First off, to any of you with 5 or more kids, you are now my American Idol. It has surprised me very much how tired I've been running every day with them. That being said...

I am blessed to have three children who sleep in (and a school start time of 9:05) If you are a similarly blessed parent you know how difficult it is when you have a friend sleep over who is an "early riser". Try doing that for eight days in a row. Then you'll understand my last blog post.

I wake up every morning early so that I can have some quiet time. A little "Laurie alone with her thoughts time" if you will. Not so much for the last week. Every time I tiptoe past my daughter's room in which my nephew is sleeping he pops up like a prairie dog. This was funny the first day, not so much the rest. Plus he likes to wake everyone else up for which I have threatened him with death if he does anymore.

Oh and as an aside...if you know that your friend is hosting two extra children for over a week and said friend already has three of her own, don't have your child (or children) call to ask to come over. I really don't need your extras. Thank you.

2 Comments:

  • At July 16, 2007 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Burfica said...

    Oh gad I hate that. I tell said friend, NO!! Or Tell them sure, if you come over and bring the snacks and activities and offer to clean up. lol But I'm mean that way.

     
  • At July 16, 2007 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Canadian flake said...

    lmao@ fica's comment. Gotta love having extra kids under foot to drive ya nuts and make ya wanna flush em down the tiolet..lol.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home