Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Monday, August 13, 2007

I should really stay away from downtown

My in-laws are here this weekend and yesterday we decided to go downtown, check out the art museum and walk around the 16th Street Mall. We parked the car and went to catch one of the free mall shuttles to the restaurant we were headed to at the end of the mall. Our bus had to stop and we had to walk because someone was shot at the 7-11 on 16th (and I truly hope the clerk is still doing ok. He was shot in the head point-blank while apparently confronting a customer who had shoplifted earlier in the day)

The last time we went downtown was when my niece and nephew were in town. That was the day the guy was killed at the capital building.

I think I've learned my lesson. Never bring out of towners to the downtown area.

Other than that, my eldest child started middle school today. I am so excited to have all three kids in school (well at least for the next month until the younger ones "track off". Hopefully it'll be a good day ;)

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home