Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Monday, August 6, 2007

So...

does it make me a bad parent that I want to take my 9 year old and 12 year old to see a concert where the band has some of the most sex-laced lyrics around? Granted the kids have no idea what they're saying but still?

My girls really want to go to one and Maroon 5 is coming here in Oct. I LOVE me some Maroon 5 and my girls know all their songs anyway. It's just a bit odd to me as they are some serious sexual songs. It's hard being a parent.

Oh well, it's either that or take them to the Projekt Revolution tour in Sept. At least that one I could say was for my birthday ;)

5 Comments:

  • At August 6, 2007 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Do what I do....

    I always tell my kids "never repeat that in public" and "do not tell your Mom about this!"

    You're all safeguarded. :)

     
  • At August 6, 2007 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Burfica said...

    My son has loved Ac/Dc and Kid Rock, since he was little.

    And yes he can quote them word for word. I also told him he couldn't do that outside of the house until say 7th or 8th grade. hehehehehe

     
  • At August 7, 2007 at 1:37 AM , Blogger Aaron said...

    Go for the projekt Revolution tour. I took the whole family, what a blast! My kids knew most of the words to both Linkin Park & My Chem.

     
  • At August 7, 2007 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Canadian flake said...

    Awwwwww take them and have a rockin good time...then blame it on your hubby...hee hee hee.

     
  • At August 16, 2007 at 6:40 AM , Blogger Naynayfazz said...

    I must not pay attention to the lyrics of Maroon 5 because I just read this and was like, "they have sexual lyrics?" I must be grooving to the music too much to even what he is saying.

    No, I don't think it is a big deal taking your kids to the show. I think it is cool actually!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home