Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Actual Convo at my house this a.m.

My daughters have taken to fighting every morning. It pisses me off to no end.

It started when my daughter E said "A and I have switched places. Now I buy lunch and she doesn't"

A: Not uh
E: yeah, you keep taking
A: No
E: Yes
A: I can't wait until next year when I don't have to get ready in the morning with E around
E: Well I can't wait until you have to get up at 6 am.
A: Yeah well I'll get out earlier than you
E: Yeah but you'll have a ton more work
A: No fourth grade is the hardest year for transition
E: Did you have trouble with it? No.
A: So doesn't mean you won't
E: I won't. I'm smarter than you
A: No you aren't
E: Mom can I have a bagel
M: sure, if you make it yourself
A: Make me one too
E: No Butt Munchkin
A: Fine I'll make one myself stupid
E: If you can figure out how
A: These bagels are hard to cut
E: See I told you you couldn't figure it out
A: Just shut up E
E: Make me (smacks her ass with a bagel)
A: Just don't talk to me anymore

Blissful silence. How lame are they? This goes on EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. I'm about to sell them to the gypsy's.

I hope your morning routine is much more pleasant than mine.

14 Comments:

  • At April 18, 2007 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm not sure what age they are, but I'm pretty sure that the bickering stops when they move out. Develop selective hearing. Save your sanity

     
  • At April 18, 2007 at 9:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Seriously, my children are so perfect that I don't have this problem. My children love each other, take time to play together, make crafts and sing songs. Kumbayah is a favorite.

     
  • At April 18, 2007 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Tim said...

    Makes me so excited to have more!

     
  • At April 18, 2007 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Oh great One said...

    Mine don't see each other in the morning! So my day starts off quiet.

    I imagine it would be difficult to come up with interesting things to argue about if you do it every day. I'd be reduced to bagels myself!

     
  • At April 18, 2007 at 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know what you mean. Mine fight too, about the most stupid shit.I know I did the same to my bro's. So at times I laugh and let the fight. I'm the oldest. Would hate to be any other but...the oldest. I did the ass kicking never did I get ass kicked.

     
  • At April 18, 2007 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Burfica said...

    if Kiddo were to argue it would have to be with the dogs, himself or me. hehehehe But the struggle to get him dressed and motivated is enough to make one pop pills. hehehehe

     
  • At April 18, 2007 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Tracie said...

    My girls fight constantly. When there is peace, we go looking, it usually means trouble is close behind. We like to call it the "calm before the storm"

     
  • At April 18, 2007 at 5:11 PM , Blogger LJ said...

    It's sort of like water torture, huh? Drip, drip, drip. Only louder and higher pitched?
    But it does give you dialogue for an entry and the rest of us are entertained. (I admit, with a small amount of shame, that one of us is feeling relief that she didn't try motherhood, too).
    Thanks for the vist t'other day. I've been reading here and enjoying the blog thoroughly.

     
  • At April 19, 2007 at 4:14 AM , Blogger paningit said...

    kids. if only you can put them on a leash and gag them.

     
  • At April 19, 2007 at 5:49 AM , Blogger Chick said...

    Bagel ass smacking & name calling...your house sounds like fun in the morning.

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 6:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hahaha I love that you said "how lame are they?"
    I want to show my mom your blog and ask her if she ever felt like this when I was growing up. (though i am 6 and 7 years older than my siblings but we still fought about things simliar)

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 8:08 AM , Blogger The Children's Barn Store said...

    I call my friend's kids my birth control. It's really quite effective.

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    hahahaha! Memories, sweet childhood memories.
    I feel so bad now for putting my mom through the same thing every morning.

     
  • At April 22, 2007 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    Poor you! Mine are all grown and out the door. *Whew*

    My morning routine includes making coffee.. and blogging. LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home