Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Overheard in the market yesterday:

There was a bloated lady (late 50's), sharply dressed (except for the floor length fur. Blech) walking through the market with a sense of entitlement reserved usually for the very wealthy. She was talking into her bluetooth as she tried to find the shortest line that would get her away from the rif-raf as soon as humanly possible.

In line at the in store bank was a very, very, very, very unhappy 3 year old girl. Who was crying and crying and screaming and crying. (Yes it was VERY annoying. However I'm a parent and we've all been there. Hell my oldest actually threw one of those mini carts one time when I picked her up so I know my way around embarrassing shopping times)

This lady (term used loosely) actually said this into the phone:

"Oh that? That is a petulant child positively screaming in the store."
"I know, can you believe parents these days? Why on Earth don't they remove her so we all don't have to listen to this"
"I mean for God sakes, this is why there are nannies. Obviously this man isn't fit to take care of this child."

I thought I was going to have to be picked up off the floor. This woman was like a fat, blinged out version of the Wicked Witch of the West. What is wrong with people?

7 Comments:

  • At April 11, 2007 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Somehow I can picture this woman throwing the same kind of fit as the three year old if you took her bluetooth away from her.

    Rich folk. Who needs them?

     
  • At April 11, 2007 at 9:44 AM , Blogger TrappedInColorado said...

    Ha! Isn't life grand?! I love shit like that. It makes for stimulation in an otherwise boring day. Sure, a screaming child can be annoying but I tell myself when I start losing patience.. "It's a healthy child who needs something." If anyone finds a screaming child annoying have them walk through the pediatric ward of the local hospital. They'll relish the sound from then on.

     
  • At April 11, 2007 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Aaron said...

    I would have said something to the fat bitch

     
  • At April 11, 2007 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Burfica said...

    seems I would have spilled my drink on her, or ran a line of my lipstick down her clothes, and said very loudly "shut up dumb bitch"

    but then again, I'm rude. lmao

     
  • At April 12, 2007 at 2:12 AM , Blogger Phlippy said...

    Oh... my... God! One of my pet peeves in life is people who believe they are better, or above, others. It grates me no end!

    Sigh. I would've loved to have said something to her

     
  • At April 12, 2007 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Dave Morris said...

    Isn't life entertaining? Yeesh.

     
  • At April 13, 2007 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Marilyn said...

    Wow. I never even met a nannie. I suppose this is what I have to look forward to when I finally get to the big city.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home