Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Friday, April 20, 2007

Random thoughts

I woke up in the middle of the night with a bit of vomit in my mouth. Not sure what was going on there (can one get acid reflux from salad for crying out loud?) but it was a hella nasty surprise to wake up to. I hate brushing my teeth at 3 am.

I like some really bad music. I am ok with this but really I was surprised by just how craptastic my musical taste can range. Go see Julie if you want full details.

My daughters have too much. I need to reel them in. Big time. When we are in Mexico next month I think I'll take them around and show them what a rough life is. My oldest thinks cleaning the living room is criminal. I'll show her.

Working in a school is very, very draining. I did just under three volunteer hours yesterday and I was wrecked when I came home. It amazes me every time.

One way to irritate me? Change the time on my alarm clock.

Is it wrong that I am so looking forward to Monday I can hardly stand it? Heroes rocks.

Is it just me or is this season of Survivor b.o.r.i.n.g?

I really need to shave before I go to the pool today. Really though? I don't wanna.

Have a good Friday ya'll. And a great weekend too.

10 Comments:

  • At April 20, 2007 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Oh great One said...

    I never wanna shave my legs. That is until I can chirp you a song by rubbing my calves together. Then I really want to!

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 10:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    For the first time in a long time, I am not excited about Monday. My children are out of school Monday AND Tuesday. For no freaking reason! Ugh.

    I actually thought last night's episode of Survivor was really good. Best in a long time, actually. I like it when they think about what they're doing. Next week's looks pretty good too.

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I gotta work Monday night. Kinda takes the excitement out of things.

    If anyone read the songs you still secretly like, would you show yourself in public?? :)

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Be sure you shave those stray cooter hairs. You don't want them hanging out of the crotch of your bathing suit. ;)

    Maybe while your in the slum areas of whatever Mexican city your going to you could catch one of those donkey shows. If you do, be sure to take pictures.

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 12:28 PM , Blogger ~*Kelli BoBelli*~ said...

    My kids are exactly the same way. Ugh. When were are on the PLANE, flying to a vacation, they gripe about how long it takes. Good lord...we could be in a covered wagon!

    Hey...email me and I'll give you the invite to my blog, if you want it. lettinggomom@gmail.com

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Burfica said...

    I stopped shaving my legs, but I have to shave the pits. hehehehe

    Although with my legs I have lymphadema, so if I shave I cut them all to ribbons. So who cares if I'm hairy. lol

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I loved helping out with school. I would rather play with kids and old people any day of the week than work. Probably because I still haven't grown up.

    Leg shaving....only happens when there's something in it for ME!

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Violet said...

    Yeah... working in a school takes it out of you. The one thing that makes it all worthwhile: Friday afternoon happy hour! Headed there in about 5 minutes! Yessss.....

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 7:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Laurie.
    Email me. I have something for you :)
    peggy@ciaomybella.com or bellamommyblog@gmail.com

     
  • At April 22, 2007 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    I know Heroes is very popular but I haven't seemed to have watched it yet. Hmmm.

    I haven't watched Survivor for two seasons now. I'm hooked on Idol and Dancing With The Stars :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home