Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Monday, March 12, 2007

Survived

This weekend we had my 12 year old dd's birthday party. It was "American Idol" style. She made the invitations (which were 'audition' style), the "golden tickets" to Hollywood week and the contestants numbers. We had 4 girls over and they sang and danced their little hearts out. It was too cute.

When they needed to be refueled we got some Subway and chips. Then at 7 I took them to "Ranch and Roll" which is a dance for middle school aged kids at one of our rec centers. The kids love going to this but I cringe every time I pick them up and see the other kids. Some of the girls are so "hoochie" it's unreal. The oldest they can be is 13 so really. Skeery.

While the kids went to the dance, I realized upon coming home that one of them had left her "myspace" page up and was logged in. I spent a stupid amount of time checking up on all the kids this girl knows. Again that feeling of dread crept in. There was sex talk, tons of really nasty swearing, talking shit, talking about beating the shit out of people, nasty cartoons. Most of these kids are 11. I really have no idea what to think or do about that. Luckily my dd doesn't have a "myspace" page. We did away with that right quick.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At March 12, 2007 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Myspace pages creep me out. I had one for all of 5 minutes, and then realized it was not something I cared about at all.

    Glad the party went so well, kids can be fun sometimes. Except this week, my kids get to be someone else's fun!

    ;)

     
  • At March 13, 2007 at 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love myspace....for adults! I've gotten in contact with a LOT of old friends through it. When R wants a myspace page, we'll set one up together. They are easy to secure. And if I don't set one up with her, she will set up a secret one at a friends house. Then I'll never get on her friends list! LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home