Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

God must hate people who live just to the east of the Rockies

or he's mad we moved here or something.

Sunday it was 70. Beautiful out. Total springtime wonderland.
Today? Snow. Hail. Freakin cold. Oh and we were under tornado watch last night.

Thank goodness I just rented that Spongebob video for boy child or he'd be going mad not playing outside.

It was so great to have "Heroes" on again. My husband even made it through the entire episode (except the credits when they showed Ali Larter's name) without saying "bitch crazy". We're making progress.

My neighbors are having wood floors put in, I believe their entire house. They have had some sort of generator (sander?) running since 5 am. If I wasn't so damn tired at 5 am I would have called someone to bitch about it. It's making our whole house hum.

I rekindled my love for Dave Chapelle the other night. I caught his stand up routine on Comedy Central. He actually makes me laugh for days after seeing him. Except that "Block Party" movie. That was a piece of shit.

Why isn't spell check working on blogger today? Ya'll are gonna have to suck up my spelling errors as I'm too lazy to proofread on my own. Yes Julie, I mean you.

12 hours til my man Blake performs. Woo Hoo! And no Sanjaya! Bonus!

I think that's enough of my mental diarrhea for now. Have a great day.

9 Comments:

  • At April 24, 2007 at 8:51 AM , Blogger TrappedInColorado said...

    Laurie! But we need the moisture! (smack! slap! kick in ribs! punch to nose!) This is soooo typical spring in Colorado. It is supposed to be stunning by Friday and for the whole weekend! I'll be out on my motorcycle tooling around. If you see me wave. If I see a tomato face woman waving at me I'll wave back. :)
    If you see a single man shopping in Whole Foods it'll probably be me. I will be flirting with the clerks. Say hi there too. BTW - I had to look up fleshlight. Interesting. How did you know about those? Are you the Rocky Mountain districe distributer?

    Peace

     
  • At April 24, 2007 at 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, I know you meant me. It's a proud, proud day for me. Diarrhea, spelled correctly makes me happy. Yeah, I'm weird. So?

    Heroes rocked last night. Rocked. My hubby always drools over bitch crazy, but thankfully there's no talking.

     
  • At April 24, 2007 at 12:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have you considered sneaking over to the neighbors late at night and flipping off the power from the outside? It would probably take them awhile to figure it out, and by then it would be a godly hour. (as opposed to an ungodly hour.

     
  • At April 24, 2007 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Burfica said...

    ha ha at least it's only a sander thing for a few days. I had construction on a street of houses done behind us for 2 years. They parked the tractors/bulldozers right behind our back fence which is about 5 feet from my bedroom window. And they would start them and warm them up at 5 every mother bunny humping morning.

     
  • At April 24, 2007 at 1:00 PM , Blogger The Children's Barn Store said...

    We get the same weather here in New Hampshire. I've come to believe that the whole "4 Seasons" thing is a conspiracy.

     
  • At April 24, 2007 at 1:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    5 am? I'd be knocking on their damn door.

    Chapelle is the MAN! I find him hilarious.

    Weather like that would have me moving by next week.

     
  • At April 24, 2007 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Oh great One said...

    I like your new look here, NICE!

    5am? That time is unholy! Something has got to be done! I'm thinking a visit from Sanjaya!

     
  • At April 24, 2007 at 10:22 PM , Blogger MomThatsNuts said...

    whats that white stuff all over your grass?? You need some fertilizer!!! LOL gosh I hate snow. HATE IT.. lucky for me, there isnt ever much here in Phoenix!!

    Mom

     
  • At April 24, 2007 at 11:40 PM , Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

    I hope he doesn't take out any revenge on you for my post.

    Thanks for stopping in.

    What is that white stuff? After living here in L.A. for 9 years, I can barely remember .. snee, no. snoo ... I forget. 80s here.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home