Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Monday, April 23, 2007

It's the final countdown...

Next week I might have to be taken to the funny farm. Well, probably not for two weeks. Here's why:

I only have 4 days left of preschool for my son. 4.precious.days. Granted preschool is only two and a half hours long but you would be amazed by what I can get done in those hours (and a half). Sincerely.

After Thursday my son will be home until...July 11th. That is two and a half months people. Quite frankly I'm scared. I took all my kids and the local kids to the park yesterday for 4 hours. My daughters quite honestly were wrecked by this. They were bickering at a "level orange" state. My son? Barely seemed to notice. I'm screwed.

Then there's another matter. My daughters. They are out for onemotherhumpinmonth starting May 4th. Sometimes I hate the track system.

So, May 5th I may need to be committed. No wait, then I'd have to bust out. I have a little trip going on in May. Check back May 23rd. I'll definitely be insane by then.

I should have planned these last two weeks better...

11 Comments:

  • At April 23, 2007 at 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ok, here comes your bff (ok, one of them) to the rescue! Remember, track systems suck, as do any system that lets children out of school at all. BUT, just remember that my children will be out of school for 3 months. In a row. With no break in between. 3 LONG months.

    I'll join you in the loony bin. Except when you bust out, you'll have to come back and visit me.

     
  • At April 23, 2007 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Burfica said...

    that's so funny. I hear all the parents talk about how they can't wait till school starts again, cuz their kids are driving them nuts. Honestly I've alwyas loved my son home. I wish he never had to go back to school. Oh well.

     
  • At April 23, 2007 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Chris Cactus said...

    I'm headed in the same direction. So, we'll just have to have lunch at the old farm ;-)

     
  • At April 23, 2007 at 1:32 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

    I'm telling you .... a female-only weekend "getaway" BEFORE the sammich grabbin crumb grubbers get out of school is sooooooo in order!

    Me, you, Jules and whoever else wants to join in!

     
  • At April 23, 2007 at 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ooooo, nice new look!

    Alls I got to say is...

    "Better you than me" :p

     
  • At April 23, 2007 at 4:17 PM , Blogger ~*Kelli BoBelli*~ said...

    I'm joining you gals. I remember when I used to teach, and I couldn't WAIT for the summer. Now that I'm home all day, it scares the beejeezus out of me. THREE MONTHS. And they extended our kids summer this year. Oh goody. Why couldn't they have done this when I was teaching??

    So yeah, with 4 under 10 yrs, I'm joining ya in the looney bin. You, me, Julie and Blaze...let's do it!

     
  • At April 23, 2007 at 4:53 PM , Blogger The Ferryman said...

    Have you considered foster care for your children?

     
  • At April 23, 2007 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Trisha said...

    Love the new look!

     
  • At April 23, 2007 at 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Send them young'uns to Alabama....we got work camps here. A little cotton pickin' should do 'em right!

    Nice look. Peg did ya up good.

     
  • At April 24, 2007 at 6:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like the new layout!

    Apparently my whenever my aunt's step mother would go to a psych ward back in the 60s she would say, "I'm going to funny farm. I'll be back in a few weeks."

    Ahhh motherhood. It's nice to know what to expect. ;)
    So do you have that year- round schooling thingy? They had that in SLC. Good idea for the kids' sake so they don't forget everything; bad for the parents with random breaks that cause problemos w/vacations, etc.

     
  • At April 24, 2007 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Jecca said...

    Thanks for the well wishes. I think that I should be sending you a few as well. Hang in there. Being a mom is the hardest freakin job on the planet.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home