Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Saturday, May 5, 2007

7 Random things about me

Thanks to Skittles for this one (I can't believe I have to think of more stuff now)

I've been tagged with the "Seven Random Things About Me" meme by Skittles.

Here are the rules as passed on - Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven people to tag and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

Seven Random Things About Me

1. When I play video games (which is rare as I suck at them) I move the controller all around as if this will somehow "help". I really need to get a wii for this reason LOL

2. I love to read through directories and phone books. I love seeing who I know, where they live, what their phone number is. Now I will sometimes use zillow to find out how big their house is. Does this make me a stalker?

3. The only time I have ever gotten up the guts to do karaoke it was to "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard. I rocked.

4. I am still angry at "The Amazing Jonathan". My husband and I went to see him a few years back. During his warm up he says mean things about the audience. He put his camera on me and put the caption "really a man". Of course he is really a fat ass who hasn't changed his act in the last 10 years. I'm not bitter.

5. I will not allow myself to drink my morning coffee (which I desperately need) before I do my dishes.

6. I hate listening to my kids sing. It irritates the crap out of me. Esp. when we're watching a movie and they know all the words. High School Musical is now banned from my house. Rent is soon to follow.

7. I was adopted as an infant. 9 years ago this August I found my birth mom through the internet. It only took one weekend.

I Tag:
Trapped In Colorado, Julie (I dare you. Hey it worked for Slick), Kate, Lorrie, Burfica, Canadian Flake, and Tim (though he'll either not do it or rip off someone else's answers.)

20 Comments:

  • At May 5, 2007 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    You're such a good sport! Thanks :)

    Do you "show" people on the phone how big something is, too? I do that ALL the time!

    zillow??? Hmm.. may have to check into that hahaa!

    My daughter-in-law (Asara's Mental Meanderings) was adopted too and has been struggling with whether or not to find her birth mother. A while ago she was asking if anyone else had done that. Maybe when you have time you could visit her blog and talk to her? She's on my sidebar of course.

     
  • At May 5, 2007 at 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You do know that in some countries tagging is a legal grounds for execution, don't you?

    Ok, I'll do it, I'm so not scared of you! ;)

     
  • At May 5, 2007 at 4:50 PM , Blogger andophiroxia said...

    So sorry I didn't respond earlier, I've been dealing with an internet connection that has been stupid.

    Just read about your son's fetish about the belly. Well, perhaps he'll grow up to be a belly man... At least that's not too...um diverse...

    Well congrats on finding your birth mom. It's sort of one of those things that you leave open if the child is willing or not to meet the birth mother.

     
  • At May 5, 2007 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Mz Jackson said...

    Ha ha, you can't blame me for this one! Of course, I got tagged by Tigger for the same thing, so karma rules once again!

    Loved all your answers and congrats on finding your birth mom. And on having the self discipline to not enjoy your coffee til you've done your dishes. You're a better woman than I am by far.

     
  • At May 5, 2007 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Oh great One said...

    What a great list! My friends dragged me up to sing karaoke ONCE. I stood far away from the mic and could barely be heard singing my weem a wep a weem a weps.

     
  • At May 5, 2007 at 10:09 PM , Blogger egan said...

    Was #7 worth it? Would you try to find your birth mother again? My wife is adopted and has no desire to know hers. Just wondering. (I'm a little concerned it was so easy for you to find her)

     
  • At May 5, 2007 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Robert said...

    You have some good answers yourself!

    Thanks for checking me out..

    (That sounded a lot less dirty in my head)

     
  • At May 6, 2007 at 3:54 AM , Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

    Hey you read my blog? I'm flattered. How did you find my blog?

     
  • At May 6, 2007 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Mike said...

    You did good on this meme. I've been tagged to do it also lol.

     
  • At May 6, 2007 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

    You are very witty. I laugh like crazy reading your blog...just thought you should know that.

     
  • At May 6, 2007 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

    I do #1 too. It also helps if, during a critical part of your game, you hold your breath.

     
  • At May 6, 2007 at 9:53 PM , Blogger none said...

    I don't want to be intrusive but I'm worried about my kids trying to find their drug addict convict prostitute mother at some point.

    Was there something about your life growing up that enticed you to find your birth mom?

    Any advice?

     
  • At May 7, 2007 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Blog said...

    WOW to #7!!!! And, I'm with you on #1 -- my husband is the WORST with that! And, Rent is better than Highschool Musical, music-wise -- depressing, though, some of it....ENJOY! ;)

     
  • At May 7, 2007 at 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think it's plain foolish to not have the coffee before dishes. There are sharp things in the sink to be wary of.

    Dang you for tagging me, but (sigh) I will trudge on.

     
  • At May 7, 2007 at 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You've been tagged for the 7 fact meme. See my site for details.

     
  • At May 7, 2007 at 11:06 AM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

    I hate karaoke, but I DO sing a mean Guns-N-Roses "Sweet Child 'o Mine"!
    Especially after about 5 shots of tequilla! lol

     
  • At May 7, 2007 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Burfica said...

    OOOo cool, I got tagged by someone else too, so I did this one today.

     
  • At May 7, 2007 at 2:01 PM , Blogger CamiKaos said...

    #1. If you do that (which I do) you will excel at the Wii.

     
  • At May 7, 2007 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Canadian flake said...

    Just wanted you to know that I enjoyed your answers and I did this also today on my blog. Burfica tagged me also so I went to town and really enjoyed it....

     
  • At May 8, 2007 at 6:03 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

    One weekend!!! wow! Can you drop me an email?

    asara_dragon@comcast.net

    I'd really like to know how you managed that, and if I could do it too! :) Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home