Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

New Car Smell

We are currently in the market to buy a new car for my husband (btw if you are in the Denver Metro area and are in the market for a 2002 Subaru WRX hatchback with only 40,000 miles, gimme a ring). I am very excited as I don't like to drive stick shift, regardless of the rumors.

We are looking at the 2007 Toyota Prius. I took my son for a test drive last week and fell in love. Plus with my husband working 60 miles away we thought it would be nice to a)save on gas and b)not have that stinking stick shift anymore. I am so excited.

I do hate dealing with the car dealers though. One was such a douchebag (I'd give you his number but really, don't want to kill a potential deal) that he called me at 8:30 am (oh yes he did) had me tell him what I was looking for (even though I put that all on my internet request) and then he said he'd email me with the price. Well, he emailed me and asked me what I was looking for. What a NIMROD!

Customer service these days sucks.

13 Comments:

  • At May 1, 2007 at 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    People are DOUCHEBAGS. Seriously, I know we've had this conversation before, almost daily, but damn. They still surprise me. Which then surprises me, because I should learn by now. But I don't. Maybe I'm the douchebag.

    Nah, that can't be it.

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have to deal with people like that in corporate (casual) world as well. People asking you the same damn questions over and over. It amazes me that people are so stupid yet half the ones I deal with have master's degrees.

    Just goes to show you.

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    new car smell.........hmmmmm. Amazing how our senses gravitate to expensive things. No one ever got excited over the smell of stale french fries in a 10 y.o. honda.

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    8:30 am??? That might have been a deal breaker here :)

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Oh great One said...

    We've been talking about a new vehicle lately too. I've been interested in the Prius as well! I'll take your post as an endorsement!

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 4:49 PM , Blogger egan said...

    I love the Prius. My wife and I still might be one and they're surprisingly more roomy than you might think. I have some tips you can use to mess with car dealers. My job is to help them with their websites, but I don't work with any Toyota dealers in your area. If you decide on a VW or Audi, let me know.

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Aaron said...

    Some people are such dick-heads. What the hell is wrong with people these days ??

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Ian said...

    We shopped for a car in December and January and looked at a Toyota. The salesman proceeded to call us two times a week for the next eight weeks until we finally told him to sod off because we bought a Kia. Love it, BTW.

    Ian

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Friglet said...

    I love getting a new car, but hate the salesmen. Sometimes, I don't even think it's worth it!

     
  • At May 2, 2007 at 12:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great use of the word, "nimrod."

    You don't see that one around much anymore.

     
  • At May 2, 2007 at 6:54 AM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

    I too am in the market for a new vehicle.
    Unfortunately, I must look at a minivan type (DOUCHEBAG) vehicle.
    I would be so much happier in a Prius, but my husband won't fit (6'6", 300lbs ... linebacker type)


    *sigh*

     
  • At May 2, 2007 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Mz Jackson said...

    Hey, you're good, I can't even drive a stick shift at all! The state of Oklahoma has specifically requested I don't try to learn either since I'm enough of a danger on the road as it is...

     
  • At May 2, 2007 at 9:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh no, you went through the internet? Now you'll have those guys calling you 24-7 for months, even after you buy a car. I hate internet car salesmen, every one I've ever dealt with has been pushy and stupid. Good luck with the purchase though.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home