Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tired

Because I am stupid I didn't realize that when my husband got a new job I would have to get up with him. Not because I have to make him breakfast or even a cuppa. It's because the man is so damn loud in the morning there is no way I could sleep through it.

I AM SO FREAKING TIRED RIGHT NOW!!!!!

He got up at 6, went downstairs and left his fucking alarm on. While I'm trying to navigate the fucking Q by Motorola chiming away at me for the next 10 minutes (unsuccessfully I might add) I'm cursing up a storm (no 'gosh darnits' this am Julie!). Then he comes up and finally turns the thing off. Starts up the shower and closes the door. As I fall blissfully back to sleep he opens the door shining the bright light on my face, drags the clothes pile into the bathroom and loudly (I mean really? How loud are clothes?) searches for something. I ask what he's looking for. An undershirt.

Throw my tired butt out of bed and down the stairs (thank god the cat didn't try to kill me on the stairs for once. It would have worked) and grabbed a white shirt. Threw it at him muttering something about being "worse than the children". Hop back in bed and curl up. Start to sleep again. Dh comes out and starts rifling through a plastic bag. And rifling, and rifling. As I am about to murder him he thankfully stops. Then as I am getting comfortable once again, he throws his laptop on the bed, sits down hard and starts to put the thing in his bag. And he leaves. Just in time to live another day.

Go back to sleep AGAIN. Do I fall back to sleep? Almost. But dh then opens the garage door. Which is located right under my room. Said garage door is almost as loud as my husband.

Needless to say, I've been up since 6 this morning.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At March 14, 2007 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, I've been up since 6 this morning too. And I'm still not happy about it.

    Today sucks.

     
  • At March 15, 2007 at 1:34 AM , Blogger Donsie said...

    all my simpathy - I am up since Sunday night - hospital chairs do not sleep that comfortable - I will rather sleep through your husbands noice right now... good luck with your day!

     
  • At March 15, 2007 at 7:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    are you up now? because i am. couldn't sleep.

    i'm watching 'today' on the eastern time channels (since it doesn't even start here for another hour). they were talking about rooms of the future...the master bedroom will no longer have one bed, each partner has a 'suite', with a bed, closet, bathroom, and a 'relaxation room' in between the two rooms for the couple to spend time together in.

     
  • At March 15, 2007 at 7:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh, it was supposed to say...

    peeeeee essssss
    i want one of those new fangled rooms! i sleep much better alone.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home