Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Monday, April 2, 2007

Heroes and abilities

So for the last few night my husband and I have sat in bed and tried to catch up on "Heroes". We are always a bit behind the times (we pulled a weekend bender of season 1 of Lost). We have about 5 episodes of the show until we catch up with the series. We are both really enjoying the show and like trying to figure out what some of the powers the people have are.

Last night, while we took a water break, I found mine.

I know, I know. You didn't know I was "special". Well at least not in that way.

As we walked into the kitchen to fill our cups we both simultaneously puked a bit in our mouths. It was one of the freakiest things I've ever witnessed. We were like "did you just?"..."did you?" Yep. And we declared it my power.

I'm not really sure what to do with such powers. Can they be used for good? Are they powers I really want?

What power would you like to have (if you haven't already found yours?)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At April 2, 2007 at 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have falling item precognition. That's the ability to know where things are going to fall and to catch them while they do. Weird, but true. My kids laugh at me every time my hand pops out to "catch" the future falling object.

     
  • At April 2, 2007 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Barry Wallace said...

    I can spontaneously project myself one second into the future. It only takes about a second, but the result is amazing and I can do it at will.


    Seriously, I do have the ability to guess the time that amazes my wife. I can typically gauge the amount of time that's passed since a certain known moment and tell the time. I'm usually accurate within about 5 minutes.

     
  • At April 2, 2007 at 1:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh I have one alright! Mine is the ability to piss somebody off within 2.7 seconds, without even saying anything ugly. Jealous much?

    I know what kinda power I want, but if I say (or type) it out loud, it won't ever come true.

     
  • At April 2, 2007 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Burfica said...

    I don't know if this is a power or not, but every single time I go to the bathroom the phone rings.

     
  • At April 3, 2007 at 2:31 AM , Blogger Donsie said...

    I have the power to dream when someone will die or if someone is pregrant, and I am always right, I don't think I like that power, but I was born with it.
    If I could have any power in the world, it will be to fly...

     
  • At April 3, 2007 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Tim said...

    I'd love Peter Petrelli's power where he can do other people's powers when he's near them. Which would kind of be useless unless there are other superheroes around. If I had that now I'd be able to know a database really well. Pretty horrible power.

     
  • At April 3, 2007 at 1:09 PM , Blogger The Children's Barn Store said...

    My power? Well, I'm also damn near accurate at guessing the time and a persons age. I once dreamed about an impending divorce that I'd had no way of knowing about otherwise. I don't think that qualifies me as a future cast member, though.

    The power I wish I had? I definitely want to be the cheerleader that throws herself off of tall structures just for the heck of it. I'd give anything to wake up on an autopsy table with all of my organs exposed.

    Did I mention I'm just a little odd?!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home