Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Monday, May 21, 2007

WAZZZZUUUPPPPP!!!!!!!

Well I am back, safe and sound and in one slightly heavier piece. I think I'm just going to write out a travel log and put it in the sidebar so that I won't bore everyone with my traveling fun. I feel like I haven't been around forever. It's like I've forgotten how to write. ;)

Here are my ten things to know before taking a cruise vacation. Just in case.

10. Having sex in a twin bed is something only college kids should do. It's just not all that fun/easy/exciting when on vacation.

9. Cruise ships have the worst timing for everything. The shows were at 6:45. The kids club didn't open until 7. Dinner was at 8. We could never see a show, have peace at night and have the kids fed. It's just silly really.

8. If you are traveling with a small child and they insist on sleeping on the top bunk in your room, shove the ladder between the frame and the mattress. Viola! Kid can't fall out! Of course the cabin stewards on our floor weren't the one's who could tell us that. It was a nice lady with a three year old at our muster drill who tipped us off.

7. If you've ever thought you were good at partying you aren't. There were more 60 year old women who could seriously drink me under the table than I care to admit to. They must have iron livers or something.

6. Even though you get at least three courses in the dining room, it is much better to eat there. Since it's a "fancy" restaurant the quantity of food you get is the right amount. All the serious fatties eat at the buffet. I split the difference between the two.

5. Use Royal Caribbean for your cruising needs. The rock climbing wall was so well used by my family that it made it so worth it to have chosen Royal over Carnival. Plus apparently the food is much better.

4. San Diego is boring (well perhaps not if you haven't been there before), Catalina is BORING, and Ensenada is NOT the quaint, pretty port city that they try to tell you it is. If you can, take any other sailing than the one we took if you really want to "get out there" and see something.

3. I am still rocking and it's Monday. I've been off the ship since 10 am Friday. I am getting really, really tired of it.

2. Talk to the staff on your cruise. They recruit these people from all over the world and it is really cool to hear their stories. I think this is the only reason my husband ever will cruise. He just loves to hear where they're from, how they came to work on a ship etc. It can be a really neat tool for kids too.

And the number one thing to know about taking a cruise?

1. If you leave for your cruise and have blogged from your parents computer and don't delete the history, they will read your blog. It was very disconcerting to come home and have my mom ask how my husband's rash was clearing up. Very. Disconcerting.

Thanks for all the nice comments while I was gone. It's actually really nice to be back.

17 Comments:

  • At May 21, 2007 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Burfica said...

    Okay I was smiling with a bit of giggling through the post. But then when your mom asked about your husband rash. I horked coffee out of my nose. hehehehe

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 10:32 AM , Blogger The Children's Barn Store said...

    Loved the post, very funny.

    I will def keep that stuff in mind should I ever win a contest where the prize is a cruise... cause I couldn't afford it otherwise.

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 10:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HA...so now your whole family has your URL? Amusing.

    I doubt I'll ever go on another cruise because I'm not 18 any more. I'm married so what fun could i possibly have?? ;)

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Mz Jackson said...

    Number 1 is freaking hilarious! Glad you had a great time. If I went on a cruise I would have to get one of those ear patches. I get motion sickness BAD.

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Oh great One said...

    Sounds like great tips to me. Not that I will ever take a cruise. The idea of being surrounded by water with no land in sight creeps me out! Glad you're back!

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Haha I've had my parents read my blog. Thought it was slightly more traumatic, I think.

    San Deigo is boring. But did you go to the Wild Amimal Park in nearby Escondido (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong). I've been there twice and it's a lot of fun.

    Glad to have you back!

    ~ Genevieve :]

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Tracie said...

    How about sex in a tub on a cruise? Any better? Are there tubs on cruise ships or just showers? If I couldn't get the rocking of the ship and my "rocking motion" in sync, I don't know- may not be worth it

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 1:15 PM , Blogger andophiroxia said...

    Welcome back!

    Wow how'd you manage having sex with the sig other with your kids? Wait, the kids CAN be entertained.

    WHOOPEEE! Glad you had a great time!

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like an amazing trip! I especially like #6.

    God, I'd die if my mother read my blog.

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 2:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Welcome back! Sounds like you were treading the fine line between enjoying yourself and going postal on people.

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Ian said...

    Sounds like a grand time was had by all.

    And, by the way, how IS that rash? ;)

    Ian

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Chick said...

    Oh...I'd die if mom & dad read my log...glad you had fun...what's a muster drill?

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 3:02 AM , Blogger Donsie said...

    Goodness I will die if my mom gets hold of my blog... she will have a fit just reading my bad language...
    I am glad you enjoyed your trip... about the rocking... I would not know what advice to give you... I just get like that if I drink to much...
    Hope all is well... thanks for the lovely update!!

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 6:30 AM , Blogger sourpatchbaby said...

    Yay! Finally we can go back to normal life.

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 11:53 AM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

    Yeah.
    My family reads my blog .... which is why I censor so much of what I write anymore.

    Sucks balls.
    Speaking of .... DID hubby's "rash" clear up?! lol

    Missed you, glad you're back! :)

     
  • At May 23, 2007 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Canadian flake said...

    holy cow I laughed so hard at #1 I started to choke..wayyyyyyy to funny. I never bothered to tell any of my family that I have a blog and I have no desire for them to find out...so will have to keep that advise in mind..lmao. Welcome back and glad you had a good cruise.

     
  • At May 29, 2007 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Aaron said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home