Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The beast has been finished

I have been reading this book for the last week. I can't remember the last time it took me a whole week to read a book but this is a big mother. 822 pages. I got it for 25 cents at the carnival at my kids school so really it was an excellent investment. Besides, I love the author.

I was really needing to finish the book. I did enjoy every minute of it but it's a bit of a downer. That and the fact that it never takes me that long to finish a book I enjoy was really working my nerves.

Last night I conquered the beast. I'm done. I'm vindicated. Now I feel as if I can move on with my life (ironic given the subject nature of the book). Time to watch the Real Housewives of the OC! I never said I wasn't lame!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At March 15, 2007 at 7:41 PM , Blogger ~*Kelli BoBelli*~ said...

    If you want some really good chick lit, I suggest Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic books. I have gotten ALL of my friends addicted to her. They are great easy reads...just for fun reads....nothing compared to what you just read!

     
  • At March 16, 2007 at 3:45 AM , Blogger Donsie said...

    Books are good for the soul! But how can you blogg about a book and not tell us what you read! Please!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home