Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Monday, March 19, 2007

Things I'm trying to teach my kids (that my husband needs to learn as well)

These are just the "basics" of life types of things. Things like:

Don't ask mom where your clothes are 10 mins before you have to be somewhere. You know you are going. I don't keep a running tab on your wardrobe.

If people are still sleeping, don't run around the house being as loud as you can. This does in fact wake people up and piss them off at the same time.

If you make food, clean up the trash and crumbs and put your finished plate in the sink. Ditto if you spill coffee on the counter (or floor). Wipe it up! (the coffee part does not apply to my kids but could, I suppose be replaced with juice. Though the kids don't tend to spill as much as dad)

If it bothers you that we're wasting electricity (this again not so much the kids thing) then turn the lights off when you leave a room. Don't get pissy when others do it either. Lead by example.

If you need clothes washed, put them in the hamper. I will not hunt them down for you.

Put your keys/money/shoes/laptop bag/cell phone in the same place all the time. I do not want you to wake me up for any reason to have to help you find these items. We all need to be responsible for our own things.

Any others I've forgotten?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At March 19, 2007 at 6:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Seriously. I could have written this whole damn post. Well, except for the electricity part. I just yelled at M#1 this morning for the clothes thing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home