Laurie's Life (Denver Style)

See how our family is doing since moving from Cali to Colorado

Saturday, May 26, 2007

See, I lie

Yesterday I went with my 12 year old to one of the most evil places on Earth.

The Container Store.

I could seriously drop some mad cabbage in there. I managed to spend $75 and all I got were some bathroom crates and canisters for my kitchen. Skeery. My daughter even said, "it's a whole store full of things you never knew you needed." Who knew?

My next shopping goal is to get a grill. No, not the ones for your teeth although I would so rock them. I would. We need a real grill you can use to cook. My grill is at Lowe's. I know this because Consumer Reports told me so. Hopefully they have some Memorial Day sale there. I should be barbequing weenies by Monday. So excited.

I know I'm a stay at home mom and that domestic jobs (re: maid service) are my life. How sad is it that I was so happy this morning that my entire sink full of dishes perfectly fit into my dishwasher with no room to spare? I was truly stoked at myself for my dishwasher loading skills. I have some mad skills apparently. I rock.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all (that just sounded so wrong)

5 Comments:

  • At May 26, 2007 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Ian said...

    Hehe. I'm not a stay-at-home dad (although believe me, I wish I was), but I get the same thrill about filling the dishwasher. No, really. Who would admit something like that if it wasn't true?

    Anyway, have a great, safe weekend.

    Ian

     
  • At May 26, 2007 at 3:47 PM , Blogger The Ferryman said...

    The container store? Really?

    It's like I don't even know you anymore...

     
  • At May 26, 2007 at 11:57 PM , Blogger Burfica said...

    Okay I was disturbed by the whole container store thing. I mean I use old butter dished and cool whip bowls. hehehehee

    But, when I found out you also like to do the happy dance when the dishwasher loading skills are finely tuned. Then I knew we were kindred spirits. I will actually hunt down an extra something or other to wash to make it all fit perfectly. lol

     
  • At May 30, 2007 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Canadian flake said...

    ok I can sorta understand the container store thing...but burfica's facination with the dish washer is a weeeeeee bit scary to me..lmao.

     
  • At June 8, 2007 at 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have a container store here in manhattan. I have to go there for work on occasion and walk around in awe. That place rocks. I totally agree you can spend mad loot there. Amen to that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home